If you're thinking of whether or not you should get a baby carrier, our advice is: go for it!
It is one of the best invention of mankind, in fact, we think it is not a question of choice - a baby carrier is a necessity that you should add to your registry. Parents who own it can easily say it is one of their favourite, if not most worthy investment of baby products that they have bought.
1. What Is A Baby Carrier
If you do not already know, a baby carrier is a piece of cloth that allows you to wear your baby. Yes, it literally lets your baby stick close to your chest (or back) which is why it is also often referred as babywearing.
Generally, baby carriers can be categorised into three types:
(1) Wraps - these come in a long piece of cloth that wraps baby and mom (or dad, or any carrier) around before it is tied to create a tight and secure carrier. It is considered by most parents to be the most comfortable type (n buckles, straps and snaps), including as a baby carrier for big babies.
(2) Slings - quite similar to wraps, slings are also made of one single piece of fabric but it goes over one shoulder and across your torso (like a sash) to create a pouch for your baby. This type makes for the best and most convenient baby sling for breastfeeding.
(3) Structured Carriers - these are the easiest to use as they come in ready-to-wear pouches (like a backpack form). Simply put it on, slip baby inside and you're good to go! This is the go-to baby carrier for heavy baby because it is the most heavy-duty and provides the most support out of all.
2. Top Rated Baby Carriers
1. Best Baby Wrap Carrier
Let's start off with baby wrap carrier reviews. We have chosen 3 top baby wraps that are well-loved and raved by parents across the world. Let's see which is the best baby wrap for you!
2. Best Infant Sling Carrier
Now, let's move on to our baby sling carrier reviews. Similarly, we have found the top 3 best rated baby sling for you to choose according to your preference and budget.
3. Best Child Carrier (Structured Carrier)
Now that we are done with our baby sling reviews, let's move on to our baby carrier reviews (structured style). There are many good ones out there, which is why we have shortlisted 5 (instead of 3) of the top baby carriers because, well, each holds its own to be the best structured baby carrier!
3. Benefits of A Baby Carrier
Aside from the obvious hands-free capability (you know, so that you can carry your groceries, tackle household chores or just running errands generally), do you know that a baby carrier has many benefits?
Essential Closeness - baby wearing allows you to stay in close contact with your infant and this reinforces the parent-child bond from the very beginning. The warmth from your body and the familiar sound of your heart and voice will make baby feel calm and secure, at the same time allowing you to learn your baby's needs.
Sleep More - baby will be constantly stimulated (hearing what you hear, seeing what you see) and this will tire them throughout the day, which results in better sleep at night (and better sleep for you too!).
Learn More - such constant stimulation also leads to faster cognitive development for your baby as s/he interacts with countless of objects throughout the day.
Nurse Better - research has found that babies who are carried in a sling nurse better. Besides, you get to breastfeed baby anytime of the day, even when you're on-the-go and this ensures your supply is kept at an optimum level.